Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Astraeus Cygnus

Pets installed. It's Monday night. Astraeus is a boy. His aspiration is high. So I'll wait to fill his want to get a bird cage and skill him a bit. Who knows what I'll roll for him when he's a teen. Better to be ready for college, though.
Damn, Cassidy's pregnant again. what can I say? She needed some loving. It's not right feeling lonely if you have a husband and son. So I made her and Iapetus woohoo. Yea, I could have had them pillow fight (which is what they did the next morning,) but they're husband and wife, darn it.
Four generations of Cygnus men!
Vince, the headmaster came over to assess Astraeus (by assess I mean get a good meal and be shown a fancy house). I invited Count Alvin over, also. Except the game is glitching hardcore. Making backups, uninstalling, re-installing. Ahhh!
Alright. Poot. Vince disappeared after re-installment. Oh well, we can get him in later. But Oceanus got to spend time with his creator and Crius rocked out with Rhea. Good ole quality family time.
The next morning I bought Astraeus the bird cage. No bird yet, though. I'm afraid I might kill it. I also found out pregnant women can't do yoga. Probably for the best, but I'm still making Cassidy run on the treadmill. She needs those body points.
Crius, being of rotting mind and body, called work and retired. We've got more than enough money in the bank, $264,406. So they aren't millionaires. I'm not too concerned though. What does concern me is that no animals have meandered onto the lot. I should just make the pets in create-a-pet. Let's see, what's a good pet for a growing boy. Why a bear, of course. Nah, a dog will do.
Grandpa Crius has been hitting the juice all morning, talking about the good ole days with Allison burning breakfast, finding ways to make it sound dirty. Go Grandpa! Okay, okay, dog-making time... except all Astraeus wants is to play with a bird. Fine. I have the birdcage, might as well put a bird in it.
There, Bird. His names Archimedes. Bought an aquarium, too. For funzies. Oceanus spent his night teaching how to talk. Archimedes, not the fish. About political science and economy of all things.
Oceanus got a guinea pig after he taught Archimedes how to talk, named the guinea pig Thales. Catching my theme here?
Next day Astraeus brought Chloe over from school. These kids don't even like each other. Chloe wouldn't play with the boy and everything she talked about he ignored. It's like they're married already. And I think I'll hold off on the dogs and cats. Kids only ten days old, he's got some time. Besides, that bird is annoying enough.
Cassidy has a baby girl, Asteria. I'm not worried. Oceanus, Crius and Iapetus all don't have jobs. They don't need them. The household will never spend $250,000.
Hmm. Kinda not cool. Crius is thinking about brains while hovering over Asteria. I give in to Iapetus' silly demands of wanting a television and stereo. Even got him the cussing bubble blower. I'm so getting rid of all this crap when he kicks the bucket.
What the crackin crack?! Asteria has blond hair?! But her eyebrows are black? Make sense Sim universe! Oh, we're changing this straight away! Oh, by the by, she's a Sagittarius, 4/7/8/8/6. Man, I need a neat spouse. She's also incredibly hard to teach. Takes for evar!
Astraeus turns into a teen, becoming a pop sim. Lame! In a desperate attempt to improve Iapetus' aspiration he took Cassidy on a date. At their own house. And had woohoo in the car. And she got pregnant again! Damn it. Whoa, its been a while since any of the ghosts came out to haunt. It's like Allison knows what they did in the car! On the upside Iapetus' in the plat.
Asteria grew into a pretty little girl. Cassidy isn't taking her last pregnancy will at all. She's starving, uncomfortable, smelly, miserable and she keeps throwing up. Baby-having is a real life suck.
But grandpa Zombie benefits by making her grilled cheese all the time. I grew fed up with Iapetus' lazing about and got him a job as President of a business corporation. His second day he interviews for another company during lunch and somehow launches a fork across the restaurant. That little blunder not only did not bode well for the interview, it cost him 3 charisma points.
Cassidy, on the other hand, managed to settle a menial labor debacle and got herself promoted. She's only a couple charisma from becoming a Hall of Famer and earning her permanent platinum status.
Alright, enough messing around! I need a spouse! Spouse, spouse, spouse. Errrrmmmm. I think it's time for Andrea to join the game. Let's see. Someone has to be friends with her. Nope, never mind. Arcadia, that is, if the two get along together. What the hell, I'll invite both of them and see who Astraeus gets along with best.
Just from the greeting Andrea wins by a landslide, but Arcadia has the most to offer to the family genes. Against my better judgement, I'm going with Arcadia. Andrea can join the genetic hell that is this family later. Astraeus hunts down and gets to know Arcadia a little better.
That is until Cassidy comes home and gives birth right in the driveway. To a baby girl. In keeping with the incidental 'A' theme we named her Artemis, busting through that titan barrier and diving into the Olympians.
Archimedes, the parrot-hawk thing died... Great. Let us remember him as the free spirit. Always exploring. I'm not getting another one.
Ahhh, Cassidy is perma-plat. I can forget about her! Mwahahahahahaha! No matter how she dies I'll get that gold tombstone.
Speaking of death, I think it's about time to move out our undead relatives. Seven people is too much. Great Grandpapi Vampire and Grandpa Zombie have got to find some new digs. Ahhh, space. Refreshing.
I guess I should mention Artemis' personality. She's a Gemini, 5/9/9/8/3. Not nice. Hmm, I don't care. Asteria grew up into a teen, rolled six, Pleasure sim. Neato! Oh my glob is she hot. And Artemis made it safely to childhood.
Okay, I need to do some major damage control, Astraeus is about to hit aspiration bottom. Oh, crap! Marylena's ghost is going to pester Artemis! And Asteria needs to find people to date. It's all her little heart desires. She met Tosha Go. I always loved that name.
Crap, my fish died, too. I'm not good at this pet thing. How are the ones I have in real life still alive?! But Thales the hamster, guinea pig thing is still alive and kicking. (Don't jinx it!)
Shoo Astraeus off to college.~~
To boost Asteria's aspiration, I asked Tosha Go on a date. Oh my grob, I made Asteria a lesbian. Well, she's plat. Got that dream date under her belt. And Artemis teenifies, landing her aspiration in wealth, oh yes. Now time to leave the family alone and hit up college.
I can't wait to re roll Astraeus' aspiration. I cussing hate pop sims. I did something terribly cruel to him. I made him a geek. I love him more now than ever before. Anyway, Arcadia invited him out for a night on the town and things got steamy. No woohoo, but Astraeus finally got his first kiss, and I found out Arcadia is a Virgo. Woot woot! Just the sign I need to mix up the family genes.
On campus, Astraeus has taken up fixing all the ugly in his dorm. it isn't an easy job. I think it's a little ironic considering his choice in appearance. (I mean, my choice.)
Yay! Time for re roll! Six.. Shit! Pleasure Sim! LTW? 50 dream dates. He's his father! And sister! Balls! I'm using different dice from now on. Astraeus was a busy boy, got a bronze badge in styling, gold in flower arranging and gold in robotics. Not to mention he graduated Summa Cum Laude with a major in Mathematics, had three dream dates with Arcadia, and proposed to her on the last one. All the while growing closer to his sister, Asteria and Artemis. I'm feeling pretty pro right now.
Now it's time to add pets to the family and I ask myself. What kind of pets would the Cygnus' have? This ain't no poodle family. So, one big dog, breed undetermined, he's shaggy and handsome. And two cats (Hoping for kittens down the line.)
So Astraeus rejoins the family with his furry friends, Berkeley, Zeno and Sartre.
Sartre starts eating Asteria's homework. That's hilarious! Actually, all the new animals took a whack at her homework. Totally need to get these guys to stop destroying the furniture. Welp, enough pet glow, time to get Arcadia  to join the family and start pumping out babies. She joins with $19,000, 3 friends a career in crime and a toy race car. Hahahaha. She's a knowledge sim with a LTW to become Chief of Staff in the Medical field. Again, she's a Virgo, 9/2/6/3/5. I am so cool with this. And conception on the first try, oh yes.
Oh my grob, I'm so glad I got rid of Oceanus and Crius, the Legacy lot is busy enough without them. I don't understand why everyone refuses the use the upstairs bathroom.
Alright, yea, still too many people. Asteria and Artemis are getting the college boot.
I love these animals. They are the coolest! I wish I had made a mate for Berkeley, but kittens and puppies is probably too much. I want to give the kittens to all the extended family!
After many many many many hours crafting at his robotics station, Astraeus finally completed his masterpiece. the family's own mechanical butler! I named his Metatron. He's exactly like Astraeus, except he doesn't have his badges. He does have an inexplicable bronze badge in cashiering, though. He doesn't eat, use the bathroom, get dirty, and he's solar powered! God, I love Servos. He even gets along with the pets!
Holy whoa, Iapetus made it to the top of his career track. On top of getting his promotion and standard bonus, the deal he landed which earned him his promotion also landed him with a $35,000 cut. I need to spend money on something. (Also helicopter rides to and from work.)
And Arcadia gives birth to a baby girl. We name her Leto. Conception the second time around is troublesome. Not cool, Astraeus! Give up the family goods! Success.
Note to self, keep robots out of the hot tub. It's always worrisome seeing your zombie grandpa hobble across your lot menacingly. I think he plans on stealing the newspaper. He was cackling creepily, picked it up and didn't even run, like most people. He hobbled away slowly. Zombies are awesome. The old thief comes back to hang out with the family. Bwahahahaha!
So I'm slowly realizing Sartre and Zeno aren't going to have kittens. They do not interact with each other at all. It makes me sad. Very sad. Berkeley lost his job and fricken Leto took forever to grow the eff up, wasting everyone's time.
Iapetus ditched teaching Leto how to walk to play with Sartre. What the heck, grandpa?! Arcadia gives birth to another girl, Eos, and apparently seven family members and three pets is the household limit. Iapetus and Cassidy have at least a week before they descend into the great beyond. Metatron is too helpful to send out on his own. So Arcadia has some time to advance in the medical field. Oh wait, no. It's 'cause Metatron has a servo in his inventory.
Alright, time for a lot make over, This three story nonsense is driving me bonkers. My new house is huge, if not a little boxy, but I'm happy with it. the lot went from four bedrooms to six, two bathrooms to three, which now all include showers, litter boxes and training potties. I don't know why I have the two extra bedrooms, I doubt they'll get used.
I hear Allison's ghost. I guess she's checking out the new place, but I have no idea where she is. It's like she's see-through or summat. Oh, there she is, teasing Berkeley. God, she's loud tonight. I better move her inside, maybe she's too cold. Better keep the urns out of the bedrooms, though. That'd be a little weird.
Actually, I think I will send Metatron to a new lot. I don't need him to keep the house, that's what grandparents are for. Heeheehooha. Arcadia got two promotions in as many days, so I think she can spare the couple days. Make that three promotions.
Alright, time to make a freaking heir. Conception on the first try. Yes! Sartre reached the top of the Show Business career track, she's a star! Hurray!
Silly me, I didn't give up the goods on Leto and Eos' persons. Leto's a Cancer, 9/1/9/6/9, Oh my blob! She's awesome! I love her. Eos is a Taurus, 5/7/6/7/5. Oh my blobins! I love her, too! [Yes, I didn't look until just now.]
And another promotion for Arcadia! Man, she works fast. Okay, she's got 5 promotions back to back. She finally hit a wall 'cause she needs a couple mech points, but I can knock those out in no time. She needs to spend SOME time with her kids, though, so she'll take the time allowed her off and use it to focus on her family.
I got Iapetus electrocuted. He was playing with a kite. Did he care? Nupe, he started playing red hands with his boy.
Omigosh! Arcadia's having twins! And one has blue eyes! ... They're both girls... Four girls. No boys. Welp, welcome to the family, Metis and Selene. Shit, shit, shit. And my pencil broke! Ahhhh!
And I won't have Iapetus and Cassidy for much longer! Both are about to meet Death's cold embrace. At least Eos grows up today. I'll break this down: In my household there is Iapetus and Cassidy, Astraeus and Arcadia, Leto and Eos, Metis and Selene, Berkeley, Sartre and Zeno. Plus Thales the hamster... guinea pig. That's twelve people and pets. AN STILL NO HEIR! I'm going to cry.
Oops, never mind, Iapetus just died. My screen is full of red tombstones. okay, let's bust out the numbers. $20,000 to Cassidy, $3,800 to Astraeus, $7,600 to Asteria, $8,200 to Artemis and $1,875 to Leto. He's the first sim to die and leave money to all his children. You weren't so bad, Iapetus. I mean, you were, but you made up for it. So kudos.
He died in the kitchen making himself espresso. Omigosh! Berkeley just attacked Zeno! What?! It's Sartre he doesn't like! What's going on here!? What a bad dog!
Nooo! Eos brought home Marsha! God, that kid needs to grow up. And look, Arcadia's been promoted again. She is good at this job thing.
And though Berkeley had a minor setback of getting fired, he too reaches the top of the Security career track, and joins the prestigious Pet Corps.
Cripes! Arcadia lit the kitchen on fire. Nooo, burned pork chops. Sad. Just as Cassidy makes her way to the great beyond. And Sartre runs away! What is this?!? Oh we are calling the cops and bringing her straight back home. Stirring up this dramatic nonsense! Enough of your shenanigans! Great. Selene's aspiration bottomed out. Nothing like Grandpa dying as your first childhood memory. It was going to happen people! She was 75 days old!
Okay, insurance count. $1,400 to Selene, $790 to Arcadia, $3,400 to Astraeus, $1,800 to Asteria and $8,100 to Artemis. Gee, wonder who her favorite was.
The burned pork chops disappeared! Great! They can't even eat... And the oven ate Astraeus' salmon! The oven is possessed! We're getting a new one. This is poxy.
Metis was 8 hours late turning into a toddler, but it finally happened. Astraeus and Arcadia are exhausted. Let's break the twins down. Metis is a Gemini,  5/9/9/4/5, Selene, a Pisces,  5/7/9/4/9. Bringing back memories of the early years. I'll get the girls through toddlerhood (with a hope and a prayer) and then it's time to try for an heir YET AGAIN!
Twins are bawls. I wish Metatron was here to help out. This family is not a dog family. Poor Berkeley. Everyone plays with Zeno and (before she took off) Sartre. Zeno is the last to reach top career position as a rescue Pet. I don't know why that makes me want to see a Great Dane-Chihuahua mix.
Omiglob, it's like I'm running a day care. And Iapetus' ghost wakes up Leto and scares her, making her lose bladder control. Nice, old man. Nice. And Crius steals the newspaper again. My former heirs are just wreaking havoc!
Alright, two days before the two youngest become kids, time to make whoopy, eh, woohoo. And conception on the first try again~~~ Please be a boy, please be a boy, please be a boy. Pray, pray, pray.
And finally I get a call from the gypsy woman saying she found Sartre! And I get this warning to take better care of her so this doesn't happen again.. She ran away 'cause Cassidy died! What, like it's going to happen again?!
I guess I understand, though. Sartre didn't like anyone else in the family. Alright, I'll be nicer to Sartre. Starting now. And Crius stole my newspaper yet again! What is this?! And Berkeley's just laying there right next to him! Letting him take it! Kinda frustrating.
Leto grows up to a teenager, I roll a one. Wealth sim, yus! Not a Pleasure sim. Happy happy happy. Hee, Metatron stopped by and I ran to greet him. He's cleaning my house. I'm double happy. Freaking Cassidy's ghost keeps waking up the girls. Alright, pet challenge completed. All the animals know all their tricks and all reached the top of each career path. Now I just need a boy.
Metis and Selene are now cute little girls. I'm a little concerned about Leto, though. Ever since she turned into a teenager she's always tilting her head. It's... it's just weird.
Eos becomes a teenager, I roll a five. Damn pop sims. Headmaster BJ is over to add the next generation of Cygnus' to Ebonwood Private School, sadly this visit doesn't include a boy. I want that boy, damnit! Trollololol, omiglob, I forgot I bought a stereo. I heard Salsa music. It freaked me out for a second. Salmon night is, once again, a success. Leto, Eos, Metis and Selene all get into private school. Allison makes yet another appearance to congratulate the ladies and scares the pants off Eos. Damn it, woman. And Meto! And Metis and Selene! Petes sake, lady! Take a night off! You were perma-plat when you died. Angry old bag. You're worse than Ms. Crumplebottom.
And Arcadia FINALLY had a boy! Omrigosh! YAAAAAAY! I was starting to freak out. His name is Atlas, by the way. No more sex for Astraeus and Arcadia. Thta's it! Five kids is just plain over-doing it.
Apparently Marylena's night to mess with the girls. Gosh damnit! Way to go, lady! Messing with the kids' sleeping schedules! Next night is Iapetus and Allison's turn. Poor kids. Well, at least they got a few days of peace before their birthday. Metis and Selene are now teenagers. Metis rolled a three, Romance. Shit. Selene rolled a five. Eff. My. Life. Pop sims, I swear. How about a two or four, hmm!?! Just once?!!?
Did I mention Atlas' stats? I don't think so. This is the first time I've seen them (now that he's a boy er, child). He's a Capricorn! 10/2/2/8/9. Awesome. He's my first Capricorn. I am beyond excited!
I will never be rid of Ivy's nose. Yes, Ivy. As in the first spouse. Six generations ago. It's survived this long. Despite no other spouses having had that nose. Still it haunts the Cygnus', It is their trademark. -sigh- Marylena and Cassidy are haunting tonight. That's it. I'm moving their urns. The family will have a nice little grave yard.
Welp, Thales finally dies. Remember that hamster I got you when you were just a lad, Astraeus? Yeah, it JUST died. That thing lasted longer than the bird by miles. What a trooper.
Awww no! Death's taking Berkeley! Berkeley! I loved you! That's weird. Everyone started playing red hands after his death. It was a weird compulsion! And ode to Berkeley. I should have painted him. He was a cool dog. Mean to cats, absolutely filthy, great with toddlers. I'll miss him.
-yawn- Prepping the girls for college. Leto and Eos don't have much longer to dilly-dally. I'm being careless with Atlas. He should be much further along in his own studies. Most of the girls are pretty set, actually. It's Metis that's slacking, but when she does study, she studies very well.
I haven't decided whether or not to get new pets after these ones pass on. I wish I had made Sartre and Zeno have kittens when I had the chance. Damn, those kittens would have been cute. I'm glad I'm done with this challenge, though. Three animals are a lot to train and care for in one generation. Especially when that generation had five kids.
Marylena and Iapetus haunt tonight. Marylena's turning on all the electronics. Cooking shows on the tv and Jazz playing two rooms behind it. Sartre passes on. Drama queen extraordinaire.
And my game explodes! Oh no! When was the last time I saved?! OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD! Alright, now that I'm done having a heart attack (two days later) let's take a look at the damage. Okay, Sartre hasn't died yet, but nothing before that is missing. Phew! And she redies. Well, at least I save often. Heh.
I electrocute Metis...She tried to repair the microwave. Aww, that's too cute! I go to make Astraeus kiss one of his daughters and he does it before I click the option. So sweet. Well, now all his kids are in school and his wife's at work. Only one home is Zeno, the retired Rescue pet. Astraeus spends all his time with him. I should have him finish the Servo... Zeno just died.
Now, I know I'm not obligated to the girls in the family, but I still like for them to be happy, and Leto is in serious need of happy. I'm taking her on a night on the town before she heads off to college.
Hmm, not much luck. Oh well, off she goes. With the girls going off to college and no more pets in the house it's getting too big for just Astraeus, Arcadia and Atlas. Remodeling in the next patch. The ghosts are playing with their tombstones tonight.
Atlas turns into a teenager tonight and I can finally install the next patch. I roll a four. Family sim! Woot! No way! I'm done with the Pet expansion pack! Heee! Alright folks, I'm off.

No comments:

Post a Comment